+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Grochau Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Commuter Cuvee 2015

Winemaker's Notes:

This wine is all about the bright fresh purity of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir! The Commuter Cuvée is our first release Pinot Noir each year and is a blend from multiple Willamette Valley vineyards that capture the essence of each vintage. It's a wine for every occasion from a family dinner to relaxing in front of the TV. Take it to the beach, the mountains, the office party or along on a bike ride. 90% of the wine was aged in used French oak barrels for 9 months, while the remaining 10% went into stainless steel tanks.

Vintages


+ Vintage
Winery: Grochau Cellars
Color: Red
Varietal: Pinot Noir
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Grochau Cellars:
John Grochau was first introduced to wine and the winemaking landscape in his early 20’s, while racing bicycles for a French team in the Loire Valley. For several years, he raced through some of France’s most revered winemaking regions including Champagne, Burgundy and the across the Loire Valley. When he returned to his hometown of Portland, Oregon, he went to work in the restaur... Read more
John Grochau was first introduced to wine and the winemaking landscape in his early 20’s, while racing bicycles for a French team in the Loire Valley. For several years, he raced through some of France’s most revered winemaking regions including Champagne, Burgundy and the across the Loire Valley. When he returned to his hometown of Portland, Oregon, he went to work in the restaurant business and quickly discovered an even greater appreciation for wine.   After more than decade selling wine in some of Portland’s finest restaurants, including a 14-year stint at Higgins, Grochau plunged into winemaking. He spent a year in Sonoma before returning to Oregon to work at Erath Winery, and then worked alongside winemaker Doug Tunnel at Brick House Vineyards for four years. His first vintage as owner and winemaker at Grochau Cellars was 2002.   With Grochau’s restaurant experience, there was a natural progression as a winemaker to craft food-friendly wines that enhance a meal. Grochau strives to make wines that are balanced, textured and expressive of place. Inspired by the diversity of the Willamette Valley’s soils and microclimates, Grochau sources fruit from fifteen organic and sustainably-farmed vineyards.   Grapes are hand-harvested and wines undergo a slow, natural fermentation. Working with grape varieties with a legacy in the Willamette Valley – namely Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc – Grochau also seeks to showcase the potential of emerging varieties like Melon de Bourgogne and Gamay. Read less

All Prices

Shipping to:

This wine is all about the bright fresh purity of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir! The Commuter Cuvée is our first release Pinot Noir each year and is a blend from multiple Willamette Valley vineyards that capture the essence of each vintage. It's a wine for every occasion from a family dinner to relaxing in front of the TV. Take it to the beach, the mountains, the office party or along on a bike ride. 90% of the wine was aged in used French oak barrels for 9 months, while the remaining 10% went into stainless steel tanks.

Dietary Information: Organic


Best Wine Deals

  • $29.98
    40% off
    Melville Syrah Santa Rita Hills Sta. Rita Hills Estate
    Melville Syrah Santa Rita Hills Sta. Rita Hills Estate 2005
  • $34.19
    17% off
    Vincent Girardin Saint-Aubin les Murgers de Dents de Chien Premiere Cru
    Vincent Girardin Saint-Aubin les Murgers de Dents de Chien Premiere Cru 2006
See More Deals

Pinot Noir Top Lists







Snooth Media Network