Domaine Barmes Buecher

+33 (0)3 89 80 62 92 30 rue Sainte Gertrude
France View map

The Domaine Barmes Buecher and winemakers François and Genevieve Barmès are located at Wettolsheim in the Alsace wine region between Colmar and Eguisheim. In charge of the estate since 1985, the duo of biodynamic winemakers is in a permanent quest for quality, while totally respecting the originality and character of their varied terroirs. 70% of their vineyards are on slopes that are largely composed of limestone or clayey-limestone from the Oligocene epoch, with a little on micaceous granite. The remaining 30% consist of sand and pebbles in a very dry micro-climate. The vineyards and the winery are free from synthesized chemical products, weed killers or chemical fertilizers. The aim of this is to keep the initial balance of the grapes undisturbed, and not to mask the effect of the vintages, so that the wine can fully show its “terroir.” The vines are closely planted at a density of 6000 to 8000 plants per hectare (2.5 acres) to create maximum competition for the roots. Naturally, each varietal is harvested separately; the grapes are sorted by a team of 6 to 10 people who remove the few remaining damaged berries or grapes gathered by the harvesters. Each wine is then gently pressed in two pneumatic Read more »

View More

Popular wines by Domaine Barmes Buecher

Find local availability for these wines:Submit

Varietals Produced by Domaine Barmes Buecher View all

  • Gewürztraminer

    Gewürztraminer’s direct and obvious charm has made it a popular varietal in almost every corner of the wine world. Ex...

  • Pinot Blanc

    History of the grape: Pinot Blanc was first grown in Burgundy and Champagne, France, and can be traced by some source...

  • Pinot Noir

    “With so voluptuous a perfume, so sweet an edge, they make the blood run hot,” Joel Fleischman, wine columnist at Van...

People getting updates on Domaine Barmes Buecher Winery Wines

Be the first follower of this winery and on your profile.

Domaine Barmes Buecher on Snooth


View larger map

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Recent Forum PostsView all

Domaine Barmes Buecher wine ratings and reviews

Snooth Media Network